Thursday, January 24, 2013

My Big News!

From the time I started my hunt for finding and painting mostly vintage treasures last year, I knew I would want to open a vintage, shabby chic style business.  The solution for me was opening a space at Old South Antique Mall.  That was just over three months ago and what a fast, furious and fun time it has been!  I also had another dream that I've been working on almost from the very beginning.  I've had to drive at least an hour and a half to get chalk paint for my projects. (Yeah, I wanted it bad!)  I also knew most people wouldn't bother to drive that far and that they would really be missing out on the fun. 

So, I started researching different paints and paint companies.  I eventually discovered CeCe Caldwell's Clay and Chalk Paint.  All products are made in the USA and the paints are "Naturally Green in the Color of your Choice".  The products can be used by anyone - those with respiratory problems, chemical sensitivities, pregnant women, even children!  The paints have no Volatile Organic Compounds, are non-toxic and have no odor. The paint contains NO acrylic co-polymers, solvents, formaldehyde, ammonia, ethylene glycol or toxic heavy metals.  The paints are made from clay, porcelain clay and chalk bended into a water based solution and the waxes are made from insect and plant sources.  And the paint and waxes are even packaged in recycled plastic containers.  With super adhesion, most surfaces require no priming or sanding before painting.  Just clean the project and start painting!  It's easy for both beginners and experienced painters!

Drum roll, please ...................... I am very happy and excited to announce that I am now a CeCe Caldwell's retailer!  My first shipment should arrive and be on my shelves at Old South in about ten days.  I'll also be holding painting workshops for teaching paint techniques as well as holding "bring your own piece" workshops in the very near future.  When everything is complete, I'll also have the paints available for ordering online.

There are some more smaller changes coming to my retail location that I'll share with you soon, but the paint and workshops are the biggies!  I'm looking forward to providing this wonderful paint and can't wait to start holding painting workshops. 

CeCe Caldwell's Paint is only about a year old and the company is growing at an unbelievable rate with new retailers being added across the country daily.  I'm excited to be a part of the CeCe family and look forward to sharing it with you.  If you'd like to learn more about this wonderful paint and finishes, please go HERE


1 comment:

  1. How exciting, dear one; you have the touch and soon will be sharing that talent with others. God bless, and thank you for being a part of the Old South Antique Mall Family!

    ReplyDelete