Saturday, November 10, 2012

My Adventure At Renninger's

 Today I had the opportunity to go to Renninger's in Mt. Dora, Florida.  To say I was overwhelmed is an understatement!  Renninger's is actually made up of "Twin Markets" - an antique center and a flea market.  The antique center has over 200 booths and the flea market has over 700 vendors.  The flea market has the traditional inside stalls but the real fun, at least for me, was in the field "out back" where all the real bargains are if you enjoy searching and digging.  Admittedly, there is a lot of junk out back, as I was forewarned.  But there are also a lot of really neat items and vendors with interesting booths out back.  It was a gorgeous day to be outside and the vendors and fellow shoppers were all so cordial and made the experience even better. 

There's something for everyone and don't hesitate to bring along a man because there's LOTS of stuff for him, too!  I was concentrating so hard on all the goodies that I didn't take the time to get many photos, but I did manage to take a few.
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I spent over four hours outside and didn't dig through each booth like I would have loved to. The only time I went in the inside flea market was to get something to drink and to use the restroom facilities. And I never even made it to the Antiques Center!  That is definitely on my list for my next visit. To learn more about all Renninger's has to offer, visit their web site at http://renningers.com/dora/dorahome.htm.
 
After I left Renninger's, I made stops at several thrift stores before I just got too tired to look any more! Central Florida seems to have a thrift store, antique mall or flea market on every corner. My kind of place!
 
This photo of my trunk doesn't tell the whole story because it doesn't show all the goodies hidden underneath.  And I'm too embarassed to show you the inside of the car!  Let's just say it had two end tables, a cute little bench with arms and lots of other fun items stuffed inside!  It's a good thing I didn't have a passenger because something (or someone!) would have been left behind. 
 
 
Today's finds will soon be moved into my booth at Old South Antiques Mall.  I can't wait to share them with you!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment